AZORES HIKING, ADVENTURE & YOGA RETREAT
SEPT 22nd – SEPT 27th 2019
Join us for an exciting adventure abroad in the Azores, Portugal! The Azores are a magical, volcanic land, full of natural, raw beauty, a temperate climate and endless outdoor activities. Truly an adventure lovers paradise!
We will be staying in a Villa on a fruit orchard that has lots of hiking trails for you to wander through. The Villa is owned by an amazing couple, Rimi and João, that will take our group to explore the Island. Our missions align where we both want to give you an experience the average tourist wouldn’t encounter on their own. Our excursions will include hikes suited for all levels, a soak in a natural hot spring, and more! While you are in the Azores you will experience a traditional Cozido meal where your food will be prepared in the ground using Volcanic Heat from the Island! You will also experience a local yoga class led by Rimi where you will practice alongside her students to fully immerse yourself in the Azorean culture.
Experience the beauty of the Azores with daily yoga (an optional practice fit for both the first time and experienced yogi), time to explore the Island, and a place to reconnect with yourself!
- 5 Nights / 6 Days lodging at Quinta Minuvida
- Lodging includes: Linens, Towel, Housekeeping & WiFi
- Daily Breakfast & Dinner
- Dinner served with complimentary glass of wine at the Quinta
- Dinners served both onsite at the Quinta and in town at local restaurants
- Bagged Lunch on Excursion Days (no lunch on free days)
- Two group excursions to some of the island’s best hikes including all guides and transportation and lunch
- Daily Yoga classes led by Jess
- Local Yoga class led by Rimi
- Roundtrip airport transfers from Ponta Delgada Airport (PDL) to Minuvida and back (about a 15 minute ride each way)
View Trip Itinerary Here!
What’s Not Included
- International Airfare
- (Please note that all flights to PDL come direct through Boston on an overnight flight. You will need to leave the US on SEPTEMBER 21 to arrive on SEPTEMBER 22)
- Additional Excursions to include whale watching, surfing, canyoning , mountain biking and more!
(Book Before Jan 1, 2019 to take $100 off trip total; Pricing increase summer 2019)
- $1,999 – private w/ private bath – 1 person (June 2019 price increase to $2199)
- Perfect for someone looking for more privacy
- $1,599 – double w/ private bath – 2 people, one bed (June 2019 price increases to $1799)
- Perfect for a couple or two close friends
- $1,399 – shared two room suite w/ private bath – 1 to 2 people per room, 3 to 4 people per suite (June 2019 Price increases to $1599)
- Perfect for the budget conscious solo traveler or group of friends
* $300 Non-Refundable Deposit To Reserve Your Space; Full Payment Due 6 Weeks Prior To Trip Start Date
* Payment Plans Available Upon Request
How To Sign Up
Email email@example.com your room request. From there we will send you a link to our PayPal and/or Venmo for a $300 deposit to hold your spot.
Where Are The Azores & How To Get There
São Miguel is the biggest island in the Portuguese Azores archipelago. It’s known for its volcanic scenery, flora and rich marine life, including whales. The Azores is an archipelago composed of nine volcanic islands in the North Atlantic Ocean about 1,360 km (850 mi) west of continental Portugal.
To arrive you will fly to Ponta Delgada Airport (PDL). All flights from the US arrive through Boston Airport (BOS). BOS to PDL is about a 4 hour direct flight.
Important travel note: Those traveling from the US will depart on SEPTEMBER 21 on an overnight flight arriving to the Azores on September 22.
Meet Your Retreat Leader
Your retreat leader Jess went to Sao Miguel, Azores in 2017 and was captivated by the landscape, nature and culture. Now she’s going back and she’s bringing you with her!
Jess is a world traveler having journeyed to over 35 countries! She is also a 200 hour certified yoga teacher and will be bringing your yoga practice to both indoor and outdoor spaces during your time in the Azores! Whether an experienced yogi or a first time practitioner the classes will be fit for all experience levels and also optional.
Contact us here for more info or to secure your spot on this trip!